- 2 2/1- 3 cups of all purpose flour
- 2 1/4 tsp active dry yeast (rapid-rise, bread machine yeast)
- 1 tbs sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/3 cup of milk
- 1 tbs butter
- 1 egg
- 2 raisins
- Mix the 1 1/2 cups of flour, yeast, salt, and sugar in a bowl.
- Heat the milk, water, and butter until butter is melted. Mix into the flour mixture
- Mix the 1 1/2 cups of flour, yeast, sugar, and salt in a bowl.
- Heat water, milk and butter until butter is melted. Stir in egg. Mix until the dough is easy to handle.
- Knead on a lightly floured surface for 5 min until elastic. Cover and let rest 10 min.
- Lightly grease cookies sheet. Shape a 2" piece of dough into a ball for the head. Shape four walnut sized pieces for dough into balls for the feet. Shape another pieces of dough for the tail. Shape remaining dough into a ball for the body. Attach balls by pressing into the body. Press raisins into head for eyes. Cover with oiled plastic wrap and let rise for about 20 min.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees, Make criss cross cuts in body 1/4 of an inch thick, like a turtles shell. Bake until golden brown, 20-25 min.