Ok, I'm back for real this time. Sorry for the lack of posting! I don't really have a good excuse, I'm just really bad at multitasking, which technically is not excuse at all. But, I'm planning on posting a lot more regularly, hopefully once a week. So now that I feel better about confessing that, on to the Blueberry muffins.
Its eight'o clock. What else is there possibly to besides bake muffins? I know you would agree. These aren't just regular old boring muffins either, these are amazing, and possible the *best*. They have lemon zest in them that perks them up, and the nutmeg and sugar on top really makes them that more special. These may very well be the perfect breakfast food...
The bread Bible
-4 tbs unsalted butter
-1/2 cup sugar
-2 tsp lemon zest
-1 large egg
-1/2 tsp vanilla
-1 cup flour
-3/8 tsp baking soda
-1/4 plus 1/16 tsp salt
-1/3 cup sour cream
-3/4 cup blueberries
-sugar and nutmeg for dusting
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
2. Cream the butter and sugar together, add the lemon zest, then egg and vanilla. In another small bowl combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix half the flour mixture and the sour cream into the butter mixture. the add the rest of the flour mixture, by folding it together.
3. Spoon the batter into muffin cups, it will be thick batter. Dust the tops with nutmeg and sugar.
4. Bake for 25-35 min or until golden brown and when pressed with your finger, slightly springy.
5. Unmold and cool the muffins. Enjoy. : )